Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Coupla LOs

Last night I couldn't sleep. My sweet son KC had brought me home a Haagen-Daz ice cream bar and the caffeine in the chocolate kept me up all night. So what did I do? Scrap of course!

I did this LO using Tangie's new kit The Bounding Main and Pink Sea. Her kits always have the coolest names! I added some items from JenU's Down by the Sea and the greenery is from Lorie Davison's gorgeous new Water Spirit kit. If you've ever seen Lorie's kits you know they are packed with tons of whimsical, beautiful papers and elements !!

The photos were taken on a sunset cruise I took with the kids this past summer in North Carolina. We left from Beaufort, passed the Rachel Carson Reserve with its wild horses, passed Fort Macon, under the bridge, went up toward Morehead City and came back under the bridge at Atlantic Beach. I love this photo of Gage.





I also did this one of my sweet NINE year old granddaughter Tayler and I blowing out a birthday candle. My daughter and SIL took us to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday a few weeks ago and of course they came out and sang to us!
Tayler's birthday is the day before mine -- she's still the best birthday present I've ever gotten!! (even if it was a few hours early.) Funny story about that too:
Pam was in labor and didn't want to push. She felt it all in her back. It was already evening the day before my birthday.
So I told her "OK, don't push -- then you'll have the baby tomorrow and we can share a birthday."
Pam said, "This baby is going to have its OWN birthday" and pushed her out before midnight!

No comments: