Saturday, February 16, 2008

Wedding Layouts

So my daughter has been married since September -- of LAST year -- and I have recently been inspired to do some wedding LOs.

credits

Of course I am supposed to be doing a wedding album for them -- simple and modern -- which I really, really do have every intention of doing -- but right now I am loving taking tiny bits of the wedding and highlighting them in individual pages.

I think this is helping me to see the wedding as a series of mini events,-- individual moments -- rather than a single event. It lets me explore the different emotions, gestures and relationships that made is such a special day.

It certainly helps that I have recently gotten some of the most BEAUTIFUL kits that have truly inspired me, like those from Annie Manning, especially Perfect Day and Charmes d'atan, and Natali's Purity and Variation.

Honestly, I think my reluctance to start their album is my fear of it NOT BEING PERFECT...
I think this is a common problem for scrappers.
We have these special memories we want to preserve, but our fear of them not looking EXACTLY like we envision them prevents us from scrapping them at all!

When making these LOs about my daughter getting ready for the Big Day, I wanted to show the bride getting ready --- but notice you don't see her face... instead you see little bits that show the ceremonial primping, the dress, the veil, the shoes --- along with the feeling of apprehension as she gets ready -- her clenched hands... the walk down the hall toward her future...

Me asking, "Are you ready?"
Are you ready to go?
Are you ready to get married?
Are you ready for the future??
credits

Doing the above LO inspired me to extract an actual wedding bouquet from one of the photos and make this simpler, more realistic LO:



I like them both, but I know that the one with the real bouquet is much more representative of the actual wedding. Pam certainly likes it better and I think so do I.

But I had this NEED to use Velma Balint's new Timeless Kit. LOL!! And if i hadn't done the first LO, the one with the real bouquet might never have been created.

And anyway, isn't that what scrapbooking is all about???

Trying different things, learning along the way, and most of all,
saving and savoring those memories????



Some fun photos of Tayler skating with the skates and pads I got her last Christmas. She looks sooo happy!!! And I was so happy to finally use the Tickled Pink kit from Amy Hutchinson.


credits
Isn't this funny??? I got this idea from a card my daughter had given to my husband. This LO was made to highlight the fab products in Tangie Baxter's Mystery Kit #2.

No comments: