Monday, January 21, 2008

I love January!

December was such a hectic month for me! I'm so glad it's over...
At work (I am a waiter in a small upscale well-known four-star restaurant in New Jersey) my schedule was crazy! Five 14 to 16 hour days each week for the month of December! Ad if we were lucky we got a half hour break from 4:30 to 5 to eat! I usually work four double shifts each week, but with a two hour break between lunch and dinner, but not in December! I spent the entire month exhausted! I'm too old for this !!!
And I usually work in the upstairs loft of the restaurant and going up and down the stairs at least 50 times a day was downright painful by the end of the week! I would come home wobbling and sore, and my kids would ask, "Did you bring anything to eat?" No pity...
And of course in between, I had to do all of the Christmas decorating, shopping, cleaning and cooking!

We had Christmas Dinner at our house. My daughter Pam and her husband Mike came over with my spunky granddaughter Tayler. I was sooo happy to see them! They only live about an hour and a half away but I had only seen them once since April!!! We have such opposite schedules that it is really hard to get together.
My MIL also came over. She was here visiting from Florida. We are always so glad when she comes to visit. We usually only get to see her once or twice a year now that she live so far away. She can't handle being in our loud, boisterous home for more than a few hours though!
And my two brothers came over with their families too! The kids are all tenagers now, so they all had a lot of fun playing Rock Star! My brother Chris was the lead singer and the kids took turns on the guitar and drums. Although the repeated songs and rat-a-tat-tat- of the drums drives me nuts, at least the kids are interactig, laughing, and not playing a game with bad words or blood!!! Lots of good clean fun!
And finally, the Wrestling Club asked me to make a Program Book for them like I do for the Football & Cheerleading Club, and they wanted it done by the end of December -- haha!! I didn't even have time to sleep in December! I got to finish it the second week of January. I'm soo glad it's done! I don't even have a kid on the wrestling team.
So, now iot's a new year, and I can relax, work my regular shifts, spend some time with my kids, clean my house, and get some sleep!!
I love January!!

No comments: