Monday, November 12, 2007

We have a new family member...

No, I haven't had another baby (Mom...)
We have decided to adopt a ferret. Her name is Zoe and she's only about 7 weeks old. She is sooo cute and tiny. And is doing so good with her litter box training after just a few days.
My kids have been asking for a new pet. My son Shane, 20, has been asking for a parrot or a dog, and my daughter Lynnea has been begging for a kitten or little dog.
Bear, our 100 lb. chocolate Lab is my boy! I can't see myself with another dog while I have him. He's sweet, and easy going, and I have been spoiled by how easy he is to take care of. And he would be so jealous.
So, we compromised --- and got the ferret. She is little and playful like a kitten, can be taught tricks like a parrot, stays in a cage when we're not here, and is no competition for Bear.
So, welcome ZOE! I hope you like here in your crazy new home...

No comments: