Monday, April 28, 2008

So honored...

to be asked by Jen U to make Quick pages using her designs!! I can't tell you how flattered I am!!! The very first digi kit I ever bought was from Jen U -- her Wild Longstems flowers, which I still use all the time!! To think that she likes my LOs enough to ask me to do this is unbelievable to me!! It is so easy for me to create LOs using her stuff -- it is sooo my style!


Here are the two latest I have created, a pair for Mother's & Father's Day, which are available in Jen's store JenU-Designs:




These LOs were very emotinal for me. My Dad died when I was only 5 years old, so I have only the briefest of memories of hi. I small mamory of sitting on his lap as he watched an army movie, hearing him whistle "Strangers in the Night" as he came in the building after work, being in a cabin in Monticello on a cold morning as he warmed my clohtes in the oven for me. Little things like that.
And I lost my Mom at just 26 years of age (she was buried on my 26th birthday). I can;t believe it's been over 20 years... I still miss her every day...

This week I am the featured CT member at The Loft: The Tangie Baxter CT Blog, where there was a short Q&A about me. Make sure you visit Tangie's store too -- she and Vintage Flair , the talented Sherrie Drummond, have done an amazing collab kit called Studio Remnants, which is actually nine kits each based on artists paint colors. Buy the complete kit, though, for a fabulous deal -- and get a free bonus pack too!



Speaking of the Tangie CT -- I got the sweetest gift from Katrine, one of the other CT members.
She awarded me this:

Read more about it on her blog Skrapedilla. Thank you sooo much Katrine!! You don't know how thrilled I was to get this from such a talented scraper as you!!!! I am so happy I have inspired you, as you have me! Now I have to think about who I can pass it on to!

1 comment:

Jen U said...

Hey, I'm so sorry I haven't visited here in so long. I'm so glad you love doing the QP's, you're awesome at it! :) Beautiful layouts as always and hope all is well with you! *hugs*